Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Short Story: Missing MJ

Just a short post today, to tide you over...

I'm missing my bestie, MJ, today. I have a doctor's appointment and she's always my rock for these things. I found myself scrolling through my Evernote files for something interesting today, and found a few MJ quotes that I'd written down before she moved to Toronto, so that I'd have a couple little snippets of her with me all the time. Here's a couple examples of why I miss this girl so much:

JORDAN: I don't understand how dogs panting cools them.

MJ: It's their way of sweating.

JORDAN: Yeah, but when a person sweats, the wind dries the sweat and that's what cools them.

MJ: So maybe the wind is cooling his tongue.

JORDAN: Well then why not just hang it out? Why all the panting?

MJ: Cuz it's hard work.

......

MJ [AFTER SITTING IN SILENCE WITH ME FOR NEARLY 20 MINUTES]: 
I would buy the cow. Even if I got the milk for free.

......

MJ [AT HER MOVING SALE, WHERE NO ONE STOPPED TO BUY ANYTHING]:
Why is no one buying my stuff? People always say how cool my stuff is when they come over. [SHOUTING TO ALL]: Well, now you can own a piece of the legacy! 

......

For everyone out there missing a sister, best friend, companion, etc., I feel for you. We should make a group. It would be depressing, but I'd bring brownies.

No comments:

Post a Comment